Monday, December 28, 2015

Pending Flood

The river is currently forecasted to Crest higher than it did in June of this year. This means another major flood on our course.
In preparation we have gathered all of the rakes, trashcans, broken tee boxes and flagsticks off of the back nine. We also brought in the covers from the backside as I fear the higher water could have floated some of them away. I have also prepared the back nine irrigation boxes and pump house.

My prediction is the waters will Crest about a foot higher this time than in June. I hope this means that we will have no greater amount of damage than we did this Spring. I do foresee the drying time, once the water goes down, to be much longer than in June.

The wet lands have already backed up onto 12 fairways and is riseing pretty quick.
The River is forecasted to Crest in our pool early Thursday morning.

I will keep everyone updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment